[Server-devel] What mechanisms do we have tied to mesh networking?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:32:30 EDT 2008

We are going forward recommending that medium-to-large networks are
based on conventional APs. However, we still have at least one
mechanism that works in mesh and not in conventional 802.11.a/b/g .

The mechanism I am thinking of is initial lease activation (over port
191) which uses mesh and IPv6 (or a random self assigned IPv4
address). We've had some discussions with Scott about how to sort
things out with conventional APs --

Do we have any other mechanisms that don't (currently) have a fallback
to 802.11.a/b/g ?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com