No subject

Tue Sep 16 06:25:30 EDT 2008

without a js alert - a status graph on screen switching with css
between a "spinner" while it's downloading and a 'done'  icon will be
nicer. I assume you're deferring prettyness until more is working on
the backend, anyway :-)

In terms of working nicely with moodle, there are several tricks that
you'll need...

  - Moodle has *very* good DB access machinery -- at no extra cost! Use it :-)

  - PHP can write JSON stuff too, and the XS will include the PHP JSON
lib. Discounted price, just so that you don't have to hang on to
buildmanifest.py -- and actually buildmanifest sounds like something
you should be doing inside of the course-format plugin and in
mod/resource ( lib.php or locallib.php in mod/resource is probably the
right place to do it...).

  - With the manifest creation moved to something dynamic, you can
then put moodledata in a safe place ;-)

if you think you can move in this direction, then we can probably give
shape to an offline moodle that works very well for our purposes and
can be offered upstream -- which is my end goal anyway!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com