[Server-devel] XS Splashscreen / logo

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:15:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Jeff <jeff at wildcoast.com> wrote:
>>> I'll write up some details as soon as I can, and announce it on the OLPC
>>> artwork wiki too.
>>
>> *Fantastic*. After seeing your logo, I started thinking of "where
>> would we put a logo" - a quick rundown of the spots I think we'll have
>> one...
>
> Ok - it does look like my quest to avoid graphical installers is
> doomed. Visual people, rejoice!

I've put together a page on the wiki to organise this. The main thing
is that we need a bunch a logo and some imagery to identify the XS. It
makes sense to link the XS identity with what kids select in the
"network view". Right now, we have concentric circles which mean
"mesh", which can be "simple mesh" or "xs mesh". To cmplicate things
further, in many (most) locations people will use APs to connect to
the XS.

Hmmm.

anyway - in general, whan I am after is an icon/logo that

* displays as identifier on the webbased tools that the XS provides
(moodle, mediawiki, etc)
* (if we can sort out the issues outlined before...) provide a
matching identity when kids select the "school server signal" in the
'networks' view

With the logo, we'll need imagery to

* make the XS installation process beautiful
* print and stick on our development boxes!

I've put my notes, plus sample images of the Fedora stuff we want to
replace, here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Help_with_logos

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com