[Server-devel] XS Splashscreen / logo

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:29:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Jeff <jeff at wildcoast.com> wrote:
>> I'll write up some details as soon as I can, and announce it on the OLPC
>> artwork wiki too.
>
> *Fantastic*. After seeing your logo, I started thinking of "where
> would we put a logo" - a quick rundown of the spots I think we'll have
> one...

Ok - it does look like my quest to avoid graphical installers is
doomed. Visual people, rejoice!

The graphical installer takes the logos provided by
'$distroname-logos', so if you are on a Fedora machine, take a look at
the files that are part of fedora-logos. Doing like this:

 rpm -ql fedora-logos

will show you all the logos. For the XS, the relevant graphics are the
ones in the grub, anaconda and rhgb directories. this commandline
shows you a summary of what images we seem to need...

   rpm -ql fedora-logos | grep '\.' | grep '\(grub\|rhgb\|anac\)' | xargs gthumb

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com