[Server-devel] What's cooking in the XS pot this week (2008-09-08)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:38:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Robin Norwood <robin.norwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I was poking around looking for something to work on...
>
> https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6731
>
> I'm a little confused about the use case, probably because I'm missing
> the design discussions that led to this request.  Is this for remote
> login, or for local login?  If it's remote login, why not use ssh
> keys?  If it's for local login, it seems a little overcomplicated.

Yeah, that's a complicated one :-) Douglas has it mostly cooked, his
work probably will merit a review once he pushed the git repo &
packages out. This is the design doc:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Blueprints:OTP_root_passwords

> Is there something else I should spend some time on?  I've had one of
> 'those' weekends, but this should be calming down soon, so I'll have a
> little free time.

Fantastic -

Some things in Bugzilla...

- Anaconda conflicts with xs-config - Filed as BZ 461550
 http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8366
- Anaconda crash during install with USB-disk-based ks.cfg BZ 461453 -
this probably affects all USB-disk based installs.
- Anaconda: Install from USB disk: only ISO picked up BZ 461548
- Anaconda: Install from USB disk: Awkward to provide a ks.cfg BZ 461549

Other possible candidates in dev.laptop.org -- mainly stuff that I
'bumped' from the xs-0.5 list because I didn't think I'd have the
time...

- # 8363 Cannot include beecrypt in Pungi/Revisor build - this is
probably a bug worthy of filing in BZ but needs a bit of diagnosis.
- #8360 	Polish USB boot installer behaviour
- #8364 	XS Install image is too large
- #8365 	Customise installer boot menu
- #7707 Automate configuration of ejabberd
- #7709 ejabberd configuration needs to support domain config changes
(needs ejabberd internals knowledge)
- #7795 Journalled yum/rpm
- #7815 Get rproxy on the XS infrastructure (rpm package is one step :-) )
- #7846 Create a custom 'setup' package to manage uid/gid allocation
- #8033 Create xs-release or olpcxs-release package to replace fedora-release

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com