[Server-devel] xen and XS.... development

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sun Sep 7 23:12:44 EDT 2008

I recently learned that xen was hobbled on a fedora9 host with older processors.

For some school server development a virtual machine environment
might be a good thing -- with luck fedora 10 will fix this but just
in case one might consider adding xen to the short checklist of needs for a
development environment/ platform.

Not a show stopper, other distros (like CentOS) can do xen and should
be able to
host a f9 client.    I mention this because I recently watched some
virtual multi-host cluster setup and install tools run on a single
laptop.  Almost the shampoo model, rinse, lather, repeat...  easy to
test and retest... all except the wireless mesh bits.

--
 T o m M i t c h e l l
 mitch-at-niftyegg-dot-com