[Server-devel] What's cooking in the XS pot this week (2008-09-08)

Robin Norwood robin.norwood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:48:20 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today, I am trying really hard to wrap up remaining F9 issues. This
> week is going to be focused on feature work for xs-0.5! (Wooohoo!),
> and we have until the end of the month to work on xs-0.5 . The roadmap
> looks roughly like this:
>
>   https://dev.laptop.org/query?group=status&milestone=xs-0.5
>
> now, that's an optimistic roadmap. We'll put a ton of work in, and yet
> quite a few things will not make it. If you care about the XS, *now*
> is the time to show your hand and help a bit...

So I was poking around looking for something to work on...

https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6731

I'm a little confused about the use case, probably because I'm missing
the design discussions that led to this request.  Is this for remote
login, or for local login?  If it's remote login, why not use ssh
keys?  If it's for local login, it seems a little overcomplicated.

Is there something else I should spend some time on?  I've had one of
'those' weekends, but this should be calming down soon, so I'll have a
little free time.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood