[Server-devel] [ejabberd] Memory use with SSL connections

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 7 01:25:09 EDT 2008

Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:

>> Does anyone have any tips, patches, or configuration options that might
>> help?
>
> Most likely, OpenSSL eats all the memory. So, the solution is to rewrite
> SSL/TLS code without this library :)

Right, thanks.

That looks easy in the sense that it seems to only involve the 300
lines of src/tls/tls_drv.c, but difficult in that I have no experience
of low level SSL or XMPP programming.

Does ejabberd use a wide range of OpenSSL's functionality, or might
one of the light libraries with flakey standards coverage (e.g.,
yassl) work well enough?  It seems no-one's openssl compatibility
layer is actually compatible.

Douglas