[Server-devel] Nepal XS

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 23:47:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:18 +0545, Martin Langhoff Wrote wrote:
>  > > For example, use two XOs to verify ejabberd
>  > > functionality. Use browse to verify that the schoolserver link delivers
>  > > the Moodle (site) home page. Use browse to verify internet
> connectivity.
>  > > Try to access a 'forbidden' site to verify Dansguardian is working. In
>  > > short, a checklist of simple tests to verify server functions.
>
> Worthtwhile idea, right now we have too many things changing, but
> that'd be something for a 0.9/1.0 release.

I respectfully disagree, I think these tests would be more useful since
many things are changing. Simple tests would save us a lot of testing
time in our own lab. The tests should just be generic enough to
accommodate changes in the underlying systems.

Such tests would save Tony a ton of time testing a new XS install,
whether it be 0.4, 0.5-0.9 I suspect they would save time for others as well.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director