[Server-devel] ejabberd tests with old and new TLS code

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Fri Nov 21 05:34:31 EST 2008

With the @online@ shared roster, I have found a small decrease in both
memory and CPU consumption with the new tls code, as shown here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_resource_tests/tls_comparison

This is based on these two test runs:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_resource_tests/try_7
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_resource_tests/try_6

which can be found in raw form, and converted into graphs via the
next two links:

http://dev.laptop.org/~dbagnall/ejabberd-tests/
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/dbagnall/ejabberd-tests.git

These are different tests than the one I reported a few weeks ago,
which was conducted without the shared roster.  Evgeniy asked if I
could repeat that test with SMP disabled, but it happens that I can't
because I've lost one of the computers that ran the clients.  I could
re-run this one without SMP if that was likely to be interesting.

It looks like the cost of @online@ shared roster outweighs the cost of
TLS.  That's about as insightful as I get at this time of night.

douglas