[Server-devel] shared roster optimisation

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 17:12:05 EST 2008

Ar 05/03/2008 am 21:18, ysgrifennodd Dafydd Harries:
> Ar 05/03/2008 am 16:17, ysgrifennodd Dafydd Harries:
> > Ar 04/03/2008 am 21:27, ysgrifennodd Christophe Romain:
> > > this is a path problem, erlang do not find the beam files
> > > see the -pa argument and check it points your ejabbers ebin directory
> >
> > It seems the RPM is installing two ejabberdctl files. One is in /usr/bin and
> > is a symlink to a binary "consolehelper" executable. The other is a shell
> > script in /usr/sbin which invokes erl. That script definitely had the wrong
> > ebin path, but changing it from /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin (which doesn't exist)
> > to /usr/lib/ejabberd-2.0.0/ebin (which does) doesn't seem to fix anything.
>
> Does the /usr/lib path look sane? Certainly there are a bunch of .beam files
> in it in this installation.
>
> My backup plan was to stick with beta1 and update the patches, but it seems
> that the patches to make ejabberd build with Erlang 12b don't apply to that
> version. I don't really understand how it was building for Rob without these
> patches though.

To clarify, the patch in question is the one from
https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-446. It turns out that it was just
context changes making it not apply, which was easy to fix. However, I still
have the "init terminating in do_boot" problem. This is with a package that
has what I believe are minimal changes from the one that Rob has to make it
build. (I'm not sure how he built it, but I can't reproduce it.)

Help in debugging this would be greatly appreciated. It's quite urgent as we
would like to deploy the Jabber server in schools in Peru in the near future.

CCing the OLPC server-devel list so that people know what's going on.

--
Dafydd