[Server-devel] packages to install XFCE4 and X Windows

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Mar 5 06:56:15 EST 2008

As most of X is installed on the server build already, the packages
needed to get an X server running are minimal:

yum install gdm gnome-session gnome-terminal

You can start X by running:
  telinit 5
or by editing /etc/inittab to change the default runlevel and rebooting.

But XFCE4 sounds lighter weight...

wad