[Server-devel] Laptop XS working

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:50:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Phill Hardstaff <phillh at spc.int> wrote:
> Good stuff David, we have been playing with the server here, and without the
> active antennas it is not that simple, we had do quite a bit of playing
> around to get things to work with a normal access point but we got there in
> the end. We are putting the finishing touches to one for Niue with a normal

The XS has (or should have) 2 network interfaces.

 - eth0 is the internet / wan connection. It defaults to doing dhcp,
if you need to set it to a static ip address, edit

 - eth1 is the lan connection, hook the AP there, if the AP doesn't
have a network switch built in, you might need ot install a small
switch

If you are using an AP, make sure it's configured as a plain AP, not
as a router. Don't let it do DHCP or NAT. If it wants an IP address,
give it one in the 172.18.1.x range (I'm not 100% sure if the routing
is right for that subnet - if that doesn't work, try 172.18.0.250
though that will get clobbered if you have tons of laptops).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com