[Server-devel] Laptop XS working

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 17:39:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:14 PM, David Leeming
<leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb> wrote:
> I got them collaborating (at the same time accessing Internet - so via the
> server) without even registering. How could that be? But I will do so.

XOs are smart enough to collaborate even without the XS, and in this
case they are using the AP but not using the ejabberd-provided
services for collaboration. The main difference is that it scales much
*much* better once they've registered and are using it.

> Can you explain the importance of the domain name. I just called mine
> "oceania.org". Do we need to register domain names for external services?

None whatsoever.

I've copied this reply to server-devel at l.l.o - let's have technical
questions and answers archived *there* -- it is pretty hard for me to
scale if the technical questions are asked in private. Doing it in the
public list means they are archived and searchable :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com