[Server-devel] Server-devel Digest, Vol 14, Issue 38

Tony Pearson tpearson at us.ibm.com
Sun Jun 22 16:04:14 EDT 2008

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> In my opinion, avoid creating a false sense of security ... the kids
> should be taught personal information privacy very early, and the best
> way to do that is for them to make small mistakes and learn from them.

James,
While I agree this is a lesson everyone eventually learns, even IBM offers
both for its employees, a blogging system that is internal (IBM employees
only can read) and one that is external (all clients, prospects,
competitors and analysts can read). We have found that some people need to
practice on the "bunny slopes" first, and would prefer not to have their
mistakes be so drastic or dire in consequences.

Offering a blog option for students/teachers eyes only might be the
difference between a parent allowing their kid to participate or not
participate.

-- Tony