[Server-devel] Open Admin for OLPC, was Re: XS SW

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 19:05:49 EDT 2008

If looking at openadmin, it by be worth considering using ClaSS (
http://www.laex.org/class) It is basically the same as openadmin and its
ilk, but seems a little easier to use and is more targeted to just the
administration of the school, attendance, grading, reporting and general
student management. It uses course/class matrix making it easy to define how
courses and actual classes should be defined. It also ties in with Moodle
and webmail (squirrelmail or something else) quite nicely, allowing for a
unified experience. Ive installed this in several schools and though there
is a learning curve for teachers, in the end they all end up using it. It
comes with pre-existing course templates for the British school system,
which was the big advantage from my perspective over open admin, which is
more US centric. The main developer responsible seems to be quite active and
would most certainly help tie it into XS.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche