[Server-devel] EduBlog v0.1 Available for Comment! (Martin Langhoff)

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Mon Jun 16 12:12:15 EDT 2008

Hi Martin and Tarun,

I understand that there is a decision point about OuBlog vs. Moodleblog.
I think the choice will affect what appears on the students home page.
I'm ready to ask the teachers what they prefer but I'm not sure I have a
well formed question.

I was thinking that one teacher controls what appears on the student
home page for all of their students. That all students are associated
with that teacher and they all see the same thing.

I need to double check that ASAP, but I want to make sure I answer your
MoodleBlog vs. OuBlog question at the same time.

I'm not sure how "courses" affects the one teacher = one group of
students paradigm. Other options I can envision are to have a different
home page for each student or to have no student home page and a
different URL for each subject.

Can you formulate a clear question that helps decide which Moodle blog
base to build on?

If you can say it with reference to what students do in a normal day and
what their EduBlog home page will look like that's best (AKA no other
technology background needed aside from web pages). I'll send that to
the Uruguay group ASAP
(http://groups.google.com/group/uruguay-XO-coordination)

Thanks,

Greg S

BTW the Greg Smith who commented on PostGreSQL vs MySQL was not me. I
have no preference.

Message: 4