[Server-devel] EduBlog Revised Project Plan

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:27:12 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

> 2 - I don't like the risk in the "group edit and teacher review"

Teacher review should not be a problem to do in a few days, but group
edit involves implementing things that I don't think Moodle blog/ ou
blog currently support, so it will take longer. The only way around that
is if we can reuse code, but we can't rely on this as we don't know when
it will be done. Perhaps we can take group edit out of beta? Like you
said, its better to underpromise than overpromise; it is possible that
we can implement it in time, just not 100% confident.
> 4 - I can live with Moodle as the base. My only hesitation is still on
> config of Moodle.

 From my understanding of what Martin said, since Moodle will be
preinstalled on the XS, we can provide a direct link to the blog page
which will know who it is etc. So it should behave as desired.
> 5 - Leave auth to the end unless there is some trivial way to start.

So for now, I can do it with name only authentication, or just have
everyone post under the same UID, which would you prefer?
> Video is important, e.g. this site is all video:
> http://www.sextosdela37.blogspot.com/
>
> If we allow linking to video posted on Internet instead of upload from
> XO, does that help?

The difficulty with video is if we have to host the video. If it is
hosted on a 3rd party site that is easy to connect and upload to then
the task is greatly simplified. If the video is already on YouTube or
another site with embeddable widgits, then its trivial as long as Browse
supports it.

Thanks,
Tarun