[Server-devel] Problems installing XS on new system for Uruguay

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:58:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Greg Smith (gregmsmi)
<gregmsmi at cisco.com> wrote:
> Tony's will be much closer to a full blown XS. It wont be a school
> gateway, cache, jabber, wireless or filtering box. Its mainly a web
> server but it should include Moodle and everything else needed for
> EduBlog.

Ok - you have cleared that up with the Ceibal team - they don't have
some key pieces of our infrastructure in place (specifically, they are
currently not running ejabberd, and it's unclear whether they are
registering the laptops to the XO). Some of the identity stuff we are
doing on the XS needs registration services running, and there's a
small chance that might use ejabberd services...

> Fedora 7
> XS image
> Moodle
> PostGreSQL
> Apache
> PHP
>
> Am I missing anything?

That's good. Just keep track of any additional dependency :-)

> PS I hope we're not flooding the list. I warned you it would be active
> but if its too much we can slow it down.

Rock on!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com