[Server-devel] Edublog notes

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Tue Jun 3 11:04:50 EDT 2008

Hi Yama and Wad,

Give us a blog hosting app. and an API. EduBlog adds a one click HTML
front end with an option for teachers to approve posts. The blog can be
hosted anywhere routable from XS (e.g. on XS itself), no internet
needed.

That's the idea, we'll see how it turns out :-)

I'll leave it to others to comment on what blog hosting tools are
planned for XS. I believe Moodle has or will have a blog tool and if
Moodle is in default XS build that's an obvious choice. Drupal is
another option. Ceibal jam people investigated this and client side
ideas a little. See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ceibal_Jam/Blogs

My suggestion is to use Moodle, let teachers and sys admins set it up.
Then use EduBlog to allow kids to post. If kids are comfortable posting
right to Moodle Blog UI then you don't even need EduBlog.

HTHs.

BTW I need more people to test out the EduBlog GUI during Beta test,
target late July. You're going to need internet and preferably an XO for
the Beta. I need a teacher, a kid and an admin so let me know if you
have any contacts who are interested.

Thanks,

Greg S