[Server-devel] ds-backup - help with a trial happening right now

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Wed Jul 30 20:12:48 EDT 2008

Hi Pia!

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM, greebo <greebo at waugh.id.au> wrote:
> project however I'm rolling out 703 imaged laptops as we need them to the
> stable for this deploymeent and apparently the software doesn't work on
> 703.
>
> Can anyone help me out with this?

Unfortunately not - the internals of the datastore on the laptop
(datastore is the back-end of the journal) need an update that has not
been tested on 703.  And the laptop team is deep in the task for
releasing 8.2.0

> The trial is the first 100% saturation in the world, and as I am leaving in
> 2 days I was hoping to have it fairly done by the time I leave, hwoever I
> can always return if necessary or work with the local people to make
> updates.

That is the best path, probably. As soon as 8.2.0 is released - not
too far away! - upgrade the laptops to v8.2.0 . and there is a good
chance that the server side of the DS-backup will be end-user-friendly
too.

cheers,

martin