[Server-devel] EduBlog: Looking for comments/bugs

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:12:10 EDT 2008

Hi Greg
> - just close write
> - choose Keep then one of RTF, TXT or HTML
RTF and HTML don't save images properly.  (RTF is not even real RTF its
still abw).
> are you saying that neither of those types of journal entries can be
> inserted in to the EduBlog GUI?
HTML would be easily done, but the version of libabiword in 656 does not
support images in its HTML.  RTF is just broken.
> Sounds like Pablo got an image to upload. I wonder what he did that is
> different...
Images can upload from the tinyMCE editor in EduBlog, I think that is
what he used.
> I hope we don't have to build and distribute a new write at this
> stage. I appreciate that you have the skills to do this but it sounds
> hard to me.
Not planning on a new Write.  Planning to install the latest libabiword
on the server and use its command line functionality to convert the
files.  Its the only way out I can see right now since we are short on time.