[Server-devel] [Server-Devel] Two separate sets of install scripts?

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 01:04:46 EST 2008

Wad is right that the network will be the likely point of failure. It
will be hard to test the network w/out a bunch of XO's.

We will have 2 XS servers and a proxy server. Right now we are planning
for the proxy server to be a very simple machine

So it will be

XO <-> XS/default gateway <-> Squid <-> Internet

Only one XS Server will actually be in production, the other will be an
online backup. We probably wouldn't use 2 school servers for a larger
deployment. The backup XS will just be for our piece of mind at the
first school.

Greg, thanks for your continued help. The best thing the volunteers
could help w/ would be to test the mesh network, though I am not sure
how best to do that w/out a bunch of XO's.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Systems Engineer