[Server-devel] Active Antenna woes

sulochan acharya sulochan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 01:22:43 EST 2008

Hi all,
I am having trouble getting two active antennas connected to the server.

This is what happens:

1.When i try to connect two antennas to the server and then start it:
ERROR:

* klogctl: Invalid argument

Starting udev: Intel_rng: FWH not detected

libertas: firmware ini failed*
And the server would not boot. It would just give libertas: tx watchdog
timeout error.

I also got the following error:

*Warning : at /home/dwmw2/olpc-2.6/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_usb.c:413
usb_tx_block() (Not tainted)
[<f8a06297>] usb_tx_block+0xb0/0xfa [usb8xxx]*
Another error message:
*Libertas: EXEC_NEXT_CMD:  pending data in-flight!
Schoolserver kernel : libertas: EXEC_NEXT_CMD: pending data in-flight!
Rootlibertas: tx watchdog timeout

*

2. When i start the server with one antenna it works fine. If i add a second
one and do #service network restart
it would get suck trying to initiate msh1 ....msh0 is active at this point.

Also i get this warning all the time* libertas: tx watchdog timeout

*Is this a known problem? Can someone point me towards the direction to
getting this fixed.
Is this a driver problem?

best,
Sulochan