[Server-devel] xs on cd

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Dec 12 21:09:03 EST 2008

Hi,

At OLENepal, we are using a USB stick to install XS on the servers. We
have created a 'boot cd' which installs XS from the USB stick when the
server is unable to boot from CD. This saves have to reburn CD's.

We are using XS-0.4 as the base for the server configuration (NEXS).
This is documented at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLE_Nepal:Schoolserver.
Unfortunately, the details on building the CD are not yet in the Wiki.
Prithak Sharma at OLENepal (prithak at olenepal.org) should be able to
supply them.

Tony

But going forward, and since I'm looking at possibly installing XS 0.5 on