[Server-devel] Network address for activation - Fwd: [Techteam] Activating laptops from the school server

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Aug 29 12:04:43 EDT 2008

DHCP was not recognizing msh0 interfaces brought up after
DHCP was started.   Instead of bringing DHCP down/up on every
networking device insertion, you can use a bridge to isolate the
issue.

DHCP is happy --- it finds all its network interfaces at boot time.
And whenever a msh device is inserted and attached to the right
bridge, DHCP works for it.

You cannot bridge the mesh interface together.   The explanation
would require more typing than I have time for now, but it has to
do with magic MAC addresses used to discover mesh gateways.

wad