[Server-devel] AP with fixed IP address

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Aug 20 11:36:52 EDT 2008

I think Jerry misunderstood your question.

You can assign the AP an address from the range 172.18.1.1 to
172.18.1.254.
This is within the address range assigned to eth1 (in /etc/sysconfig/
network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1)
but outside of the range that DHCP is set to provide on that
interface (.0.2 to .0.254)

Other parameters for machines located statically on the school LAN
(eth1):
NETMASK  255.255.254.0
GATEWAY 172.18.0.1

Cheers,