[Server-devel] AP with fixed IP address

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Wed Aug 20 06:13:09 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

To clarify, I am talking about a minimal set up of a school server. Just
burning the image on a computer that has two network cards installed, and
following the instructions on the school server wiki page to change the
domain name and register an ejabberd admin account.

I am then using a simple access point device like a D-Link 2100AP, set to
get an IP address from a DHCP server, plugged in to the second network card.
With this simple configuration, I have found that it then works without any
more changes to any config files etc.

My question is, with a particular type of AP that I am required to use,
which uses a fixed IP, what config changes do I need to make in the XS? The
AP cannot be set to get an IP address from the XS.

Is this clear enough?

David Leeming
OLPC Coordinator, SPC and Technical Advisor, People First Network
Honiara, Solomon Islands