[Server-devel] Ubuntu XS

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sun Aug 17 04:48:20 EDT 2008

Hi all,

One more argument for a debian based XS: Debian supports various non-x86
architectures, which are good candidates for a compact, affordable, and low
power XS server:

- The mipsel based fuloong mini ( http://www.lemote.com/english/fuloong.html )
engineered by the chinese Jiangsu Lemote Technology Corporation limited (
www.lemote.com ). Debian is fully supported. The installed distribution
(rays, http://openrays.org/ ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunwah_Linux_(rays_Linux_Distribution) ) is debian
based. The people at lemote are very supportive. The fuloong units I have
received have a 120GB hard drive and 512 MB memory.

- The powerpc based Bubba 2 (
http://excito.com/bubba/technical-specifications.html ) engineered by Excito in
Sweden ( www.excito.com ). They are very supportive too and are ready to assist
us. The distribution is debian too.