[Server-devel] Testing EduBlog

Pablo Flores pflores2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:17:32 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun!
Thanks for the great work you are doing!

See comments below.

Saludos,
Pablo Flores

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Tarun Pondicherry <
tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pablo,
>
> I tried to address most of these concerns in the updated version.  Please
> let me know if I got the attempted fixes right.

I'll try to take some time this afternoon to test the system.  What I found
with the previous version is that BrowseNew didn't change its homepage. I
talked with Greg that it would be very simplifying for teachers and children
to make BrowseNew go straight to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EduBlog, a page I
will get some time to finish with the instructions to start to work. Would
it be possible to change this?

> I'm also thinking about how to configure the language.  Currently, it
> detects if the Browser is es or en and bases its setting on that.  We could
> also change it to force es not matter what.  Which do you think is better?

For us, both possibilities are good if they work well ;-)

> Another concern I have is that if testers login at the same time with the
> same username, it may break things.  Is this something to worry about, or
> will the system be tested by one person at a time?

Well, this may be a real problem working in a real school. The normal
workflow is that the teacher proposes something to work in and blog about
it, then children start to work altogether.... what problems may happen?