[Server-devel] Mesh connectivity from regular WiFi gear

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:35:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Michail Bletsas <mbletsas at laptop.org> wrote:
>  XO's can extend the reach of APs by being mesh portals themselves.
>  That has been the original plan from day 1.

Yes - but while I was @ 1CC I heard discussions about this having been
disabled in a relatively recent build (~660?) because the "acting as
mesh portals" feature was causing an error. And the Montevideo team
mentioned that past builds in the 650s range it had stopped working
for them.

I might be misremembering here - factual data welcome :-)

>  Since AAs will only repeat mesh frames (in standalone) mode, they won't
>  extend the reach of APs directly by themselves.

Ok.

>  John just tested a $45 Access point b.t.w. with 80 XOs.

Fantastic - have we got a wikipage with the resutls of these tests -
AP model, firmware version and how it behaved...?

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com