[Server-devel] Mesh connectivity from regular WiFi gear

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Apr 17 02:26:39 EDT 2008

This has become a big concern again.

If a school is using a mesh, we have a carefully designed system
to ensure that a laptop doesn't go into simple mesh mode, and instead
connects automatically with the school.

If a school is using traditional WiFi, there is no such guarantee.
This is possibly bad, as kids that aren't associated can interfere with
those that are.

Mesh portal mode was disabled for exactly this reason...

wad