[Server-devel] introduction...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:03:16 EDT 2008

Welcome David!

please use the XS images we are working on now, which are based on
Fedora.  We are exploring a Debian move, and your experience will be
welcome there, but at the moment using Debian for the base of the XS
will mean that you will have to package independently

 - the kernel with custom drivers/patches
 - ejabberd
 - idmgr
 - a lot of configuration settings

We will package all of those in .debs soon, but it is a ton of complex
work for you if you want to do it on your own. Try build 161 or 162,
cope a bit with Fedora, and be part of the wider project here...

cheers,

martin