[Server-devel] [OLPC India] need help w/ OLPC technical training program

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 07:48:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
> The XS guide would be extremely useful. I am concerned about creating a
>  guide for it when it is still under rapid development. Please make sure
>  you are in close contact w/ Martin Langhoff so you don't have to
>  document a feature or bug that may disappear in a week or two.
>
>  If you haven't already, you should check out Martin's XS Roadmap
>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Roadmap

I agree 200% with Bryan - at the moment we have an XS build that is
moving quickly (or rather, that is starting to move quickly ;-) ). It
is hard to document such a moving target, specially for beginners.

The path I think Bryan is taking is very smart for the current
situation - aim for decent Linux know-how, and then give them pointers
to the XS specifics (in the wiki).

As we approach 1.0 it will make more sense to have an XS beginners
guide. Hopefully, it will be an easier job too, as things will stop
moving so much ;-)

cheers,

martin

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com