[Server-devel] Cutting a slice of wikipedia - CDPedia

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:01:52 EDT 2008

[fixed the server-devel list address]

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Charles Merriam
<charles.merriam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, the old days were cutting out the images and putting the whole
>  thing on one's cell phone.

:-)

>  Seriously, one might consider:  http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
>  Simple is about 10,000 articles written in simple English, aimed at
>  children trying to learn English.

That's gorgeous! I didn't know Simple English wikipedia existed -
thanks for the pointer. Sad that I can only see 'Simple English' --
was hoping for a other major languages to have their simple version
too.

OLPC deployments want a slice of wikipedia in the local language
(though they might be interested in 'simple' versions of other
languages). The CDPedia script can slice and dice any language you ask
it to.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com