[Server-devel] XS server: raid 6 configuration with build 160, 161, 162 not ok

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:25:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Stefan Reitz <stefan_w_reitz at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Something is fishy.

Definitely. Can you try an install based on a Fedora 7 liveCD?

>  What do you think is going on?

Too many variables ATM - we need to narrow it down to

 - HW/driver or a problem in how the soft RAID was setup
 - Fedora getting its panties in a knot at the sight of a soft RAID
 - Our customisations not coping with RAID

>  Anybody ever tried this using a different mobo / sata controller (mine is
> the on-board nVidia MCP61)?

I haven't tried RAID or that controller.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com