[Peripherals] projector resolution

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Tue Jan 6 23:06:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:40:28AM +0800, Jonathan wrote:
> I was working with Samir on UVT-100, which I think is using the same MCT
> chip as yours. You may already have looked at these pages,
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Samir#USB2VGA, and
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Samir/USB2VGA_UVT-100_dev.
>
> I guess Samir hasn't have further luck or time to finish the project. I'm
> also copying Samir and Joshua Seal on this list, hopefully they can
> provide some insight of the current status.
>
> We can mass produce the USB-to-VGA adapters with cheaper price from
> ZoltanTech like ZoWii Ethernet adapters, if someone can get the driver
> working.

I think you misunderstand my question. I am not asking about the
USB2[S]VGA dongle. It would be nice if cheap adapters were available,
but the most expensive component is not the dongle but the projector.

My question was about the projector---in particular, how many pixels do
I need to have a reasonably good approximation of the XO laptop display?
Does 800x600 give poor results? Is 1024x768 enough?