[Peripherals] projector resolution

Samir Saidani saidani at tuxfamily.org
Wed Jan 7 15:32:43 EST 2009

Hi there,

Unfortunately the driver gives by MCT does not compile very well,
and even if this driver would compile, my understanding is that
the driver provided works only into the framebuffer mode. I tried
to get Thomas Winischhofer involved since Thomas seems to be the
linux sisusb driver expert, but didn't have any answers. I didn't
have skills and energy to develop a whole driver for X11, so if
we want something working, maybe could we make a call for
developper in some official OLPC website... I already tried in
the olpc mailing-list, but with no answer at all.

Another possibility is to get MCT much more involved, at least to
the point to get the current driver they provided working. I've
send a mail to the guy who has given us the driver, to get more
information on the computer environment context (operating
system, version of the linux kernel, version of the X11 server)
used to compile the driver provided, with no answer at all. I
asked also for tech documentation for the chipsed used, with no
answer. So the lack of cooperation makes the development of the
driver definetely difficult... Maybe someone which is inside the
foundation could ask himself, the fact to be from the foundation
would sound more official to people from MCT, and could get
things done, than someone which is simply a volunteer.

Regards,
Samir

* Jonathan <jhsu at zoltantech.com> [2009-01-07 02:41]: