[Openec] Ladies and Gents, we have a "blinking brick"!

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Aug 22 15:37:15 EDT 2007

Frieder Ferlemann wrote:

> well it blinks:) Not quite as it should (some reset seems to interfer)
> but it blinks. (Battery LEDs go red/yellow/green/off and the power
> LED goes on/off).

Sweet. Thats awesome. Congrats.

> Might be dangerous to the hardware (although no chip seems to get hot...)

Unless you are just randomly asserting outputs you should be safe with
the LEDs.

> PS: I simply <CTRL> C the flashing process after the first 64kByte have been
> written. Is an old SPI FLASH recovery program still available which
> would allow to selectively flash the first 64kByte?

You can use the sub components of the 'flash' command to just do the 1st
64k.  James has the magic worked out IIRC so I'll let him respond. If
not then I can dig it out of my IRC logs.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child