[Openec] build errors

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Wed Aug 1 17:39:44 EDT 2007

Hi Joel,

Joel Stanley schrieb:
> I'm getting errors in trying to build the openec git repo.
>
> I think it resolves around the srec_cat command; my version doesn't
> recognise the option "-disable_sequence_warnings".

I'm using srec_cat 1.27.

~> srec_cat --version
srec_cat version 1.27.D001

Which is not quite up to date either:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72866&package_id=73819
but builds without a glitch.
(If you want to use an older version of srecord you may safely
remove the srec_cat option "-disable_sequence_warnings" in line 21 of
http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/openec;a=blob;f=Makefile;h=dca41344902980db9322329469a1f9f8867d3d01;hb=HEAD )

> What operating system are you using for your build environment?

I'm using OpenSuSE 10.2 (and I'm confident it should work with 10.0
as well - I don't have my notebook at hand).
But if it relies on Opensuse please consider that as a bug.

Let's resolve building issues early - report back if it
does not work for you!

> Joel
>
> --
>
> $ sdcc --version
> SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/avr/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/xa51/ds400/hc08
> 2.6.0 #4309 (Nov 10 2006) (UNIX)

Please use SDCC version 2.7.0 (or if you want a later version)
so we have a common base.
(http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=700366)

> $ srec_cat --version
> srec_cat version 1.24.D001
>

> openec$ make
> Compiling main.c
> touch build.c
> sdcc --main-return -o main.rel -c main.c

[...]

> sdcc --main-return -o build.rel -c build.c
> build.c:39: error 99: variable 'code_checksum' declared in code space
> must have initialiser

  ^^^ This should not show up with SDCC 2.7.x:)

Greetings,

Frieder