[OLPC_Boston] Tomorrow's CFS teacher/loop check-in agenda

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Mar 25 03:11:17 EDT 2009

As the temporary CFS loop team (Harvard's on break, so Mack and Katelyn
are having a well-deserved rest), I'm meeting with the teachers tomorrow
after school - here's my notes for that discussion, let me know (edit
the page!) before 3pm est if there's anything I've forgotten, or if you
have any questions for them, or for me.

Thanks!

--Mel

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cambridge_Friends_School/Meetings/2009-03-25

[edit]  Your classrooms next week

     * What's happening?
     * How can we support you?
     * What days/times should people come?

[edit] Upcoming

     * Laptop contracts workshop (need anything?)
     * Deployment day! (need anything?)
     * Curriculum team visits (really nebulous right now and will play
by ear, but we'll at least get the first week planned through.)
     * Student tech team training (Xy, repairs): "I probably need an
hour for an initial training session. I'm free this Thursday after 10 AM
and Friday after 3 PM (it will take me some time to get to CFS though).
Weekends are generally good too (although I doubt that works for the CFS
students). I'll bring tools and a XO to do a disassembly. I anticipate
focusing on software primarily (reflashing, self tests) and giving a
overview of hardware." Can we get him some students and a timeslot?
Also, repairs and support requirements... we should set them.
     * Server setup (Elsa, Olin chapter head and Development team):
"Tech team can come in on Thursday afternoon to install the server and
train an on site team." Do you want to talk with them Thursday when they
come?

[edit] Learning stuff!

     * Moodle 101 (if time permits?)