[OLPC_Boston] Chris Watkins, appropedia founder in town; and OLPC India day

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:18:44 EDT 2008

Dear all,

==  Appropedia founder in town  ==
A friend of mine, Chris Watkins, is in town for the end of IDDS :
http://www.iddsummit.org/
He has been working on Appropedia, a site some of you may know dedicated to
the appropriate use of technology:
    http://www.appropedia.org/Welcome_to_Appropedia

He's also looking for a place to stay while he is in town, Friday night and
at the end of next week.
If there's enough interest, I'd like to organize an informal evening
gathering for him to talk about his work -- let me know if you want in and
we'll find a suitable evening.

== OLPC India Day ==

On a separate note, the groups in OLPC India are celebrating on August 4th:
http://www.olpc.co.in/olpcindiaday/

They are planning a variety of future events, and want ideas... including
starting their own wikiprojects and organizing events with local teachers
and schools in different parts of the country.  If you know Indian student
groups here, or have ideas of your own, let me know -- the event will be
videocast and we may set up a room for people who want to see it in Boston.
It will be pretty early in the day here, however!

SJ