[Olpc-za] Fix clock problem

Evert Groenewald evert at coldsea.co.za
Mon Nov 29 11:45:57 EST 2010

Op 29/11/2010 11:09, het Josh-lin Schereka geskryf:
> Where can one but these olpc's and are they as great as the claim to be???

> JOSH-LIN SCHEREKA on behalf of
>
> TEL (021) 905 8644 FAX (021) 905 8648
> Suppliers of PVC, HDPE and  Ductile Iron Pipe Systems including Fittings,
> Valves etc.
> Fabricators of Steel Pipe Fittings and Specials.

Hallo Josh-lin
The only place I currently am aware of, where you can buy a OLPC is on
Ebay, in most cases they are second hand. I do not know of any
place/agent/company that sells new OLPC's to the public.
What would you define as "great"?. This computer has a 450mhz
processor,250mb ram and 1GB nand flash as main storage. Ok, it has built
in wireless, a webcam, 3 usb ports, screen is sunlight readable, and
battery time is 2 - 2.5 hours. The keyboard has been designed with kids
in mind so adults tend to struggle on it. It is very well constructed -
easy to take apart and put together again - is somewhat spillproof and
can survive abuse that would permantly retire any other laptop save a
"Toughbook".
Great would depend on what you want to do with it.
For me it is small, light, tough, with a sunlight readable screen and
bright colours, and it works great. Oh yes, I can charge it from almost
any 12v powersource.
For me that is great.
Opinions, taste, views, usage etc all differ.

evert