[Olpc-za] Fix clock problem

Henk Boshoff henk at s-curve.co.za
Sun Nov 28 13:04:24 EST 2010

On 2010/11/28 07:11 PM, Evert Groenewald wrote:
> "RTC chip lost
> power"http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fix_clock  problem. I've tried without
> much success to fix the problem.

Hi Evert,

By the sounds of it your Real Time Clock (RTC) chip does not work. (It
is the chip that keeps time and some bios data for the computer, even
when swithced off) My most obvious thought would be that the RTC clock
battery needs replacement. I'm not 100% sure about architecture, and
whether a dead battery would halt operation (Usually it wouldn't), but
the battery is about the size of a R2 coin on the main board.

Where are you based? Maybe you could pop in so that I can check your
serial cable for you.

Regards
Henk Boshoff.

--