No subject

Sun Jun 28 07:37:38 EDT 2009

way to provide first line support to the school as well as a way to
give back to the OLPC community as part of the proposal. He said from
his experience with a lot of the pilots what tends to happen is that
1-2 people from the school (parents, senior students etc) start out by
doing all the support themselves but very quickly become burnt out and
then they disappear which is when the issue start to appear. They've
found that one of the better method's is to get the interested people
involved in the support gang where they can provide on the ground
support for broken laptops but have the support gang deal with other
issues with apps and other online issues, the school helpers become
part of the support gang as well so help out as part of that and
contribute back to the community as well. There is some form of
training, but I never got far into those details as I had to run to
catch my flight. They use email, chat and even phone to provide the
support and in the last 2 years or so have dealt with over 40,000
support requests averaging around 10 contacts per request.

Any thoughts?

Peter