[Olpc-uk] Marketing - OLPC UK Mission

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jul 8 12:41:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 02:05:03AM +1000, michael_jordan50 at bigpond.com wrote:
> > ---- Faisal Sadeq Khan <olpc at sadeq.me.uk> wrote:
> > > thanks faisal, have looked at both of those previously and they
> > > appear excellent missions sur, although not sure they reflect
> > > the aims of this group (agreed, neither does the OLPC mission
> > > exactly).
> >
> > The point was that the mission needs to be localised to the aims
> > of the group as well.

I agree - I thought this version captured a lot of things, and I had
updated it to include some of the feedback that was mentioned on the
mailing list:

http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=OLPC_UK/About/Mission&oldid=210303

I'm going to change the page back to that unless there is some
disagreement that the OLPC UK mission is exactly the same as OLPC US.

> lets take it offline faisal,

Actually I think this is exactly the kind of conversation that should
be online, in the form of real debate like "I think the mission should
/ should not include goal X, here's why", then it's quite relevant.
Indeed I don't see how marketing can not take input from more than its
own members.

Martin