[Olpc-sysadmin] Security certificate on dev.l.o expired

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Wed Aug 19 11:19:25 EDT 2009

Chris -

Thanks for this report.  We do know about it and it is by no means
"simple enough to correct".  It's a royal PITA to correct, and I have
been working on it since the certificate expired in June.  It is
certainly worth the (considerable) effort, and we do intend to get it
fixed.

The short answer to the question, "Why isn't this trivial?" is that
OLC is not the domain registrant for the laptop.org domain - we don't
own it, and never have.  Getting an SSL certificate for a domain we
don't own is exactly the sort of thing SSL certificate issuers try to
prevent!

	- Ed