[Olpc-sysadmin] i-gang meetings notes 9/16/08

Henry Edward Hardy hhardy01 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:21:22 EDT 2008

We have a number of documents pertaining to configuration, backup procedures
and passwords for the OLPC servers currently on the OLPC internal wiki. No
volunteers, and few contractors have access to internal wiki. We would like
to be able to share some or most of this information with the Volunteer
Infrastructure Group members without making it available to the general
public.

We want to be able to limit access to just these documents particularly to
VIG members only. One way to do this is through using the lockdown extension
currently installed on the OLPC teamwiki. Using this extension, one way to
have granular access control over the documents would be to have a Volunteer
Infrastructure Group namespace on teamwiki.

I would like to understand if there are any good reasons not to move these
documents from internal wiki to a new VIG namespace on teamwiki. If so,
please suggest better alternatives.

--HH.

--
"Science has a simple faith, which transcends utility... It is the faith
that it is the privilege of man to learn to understand, and that this is his

--Vannevar Bush, 1967