[Sur] [ASLO] Nueva version Music Keyboard-7

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo en laptop.org
Vie Mayo 3 07:43:09 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho en hotmail.com> wrote:

> Felicitaciones Gonzalo! Me encanta!

Gracias!

> You have done an excellent job with this. The way you allow the user to
> switch from Qwerty to DoReMe to CDE is ingenious. I checked the intonation
> with an electronic tuner, and it is right on the pitch it is supposed to
> be.
>
> Two small suggestions...
>
> * In some countries "Ti" is used instead of "Si." Is there any way to
> switch these on the keys in the  DoReMi keyboard?

I am not sure about what to do here: if support the different names as a
localization, then a translator can put the names,
or if I should add another button in the toolbar, and change to another
representation, almost equal, but with Ti instead of Si.
Created ticket https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4495

> * Each of the sharps (#s) has a corresponding enharmonic flat (b... well
> it looks sort of like a "b"). Could you include them above the sharp names
> on the black keys? So they would go like this...
>
> Db   Eb   Gb   Ab   Bb   Db   Eb   Gb   Ab   Bb
> C#   D#   F#   G#   A#   C#   D#   F#   G#   A#
>
> That way, when a song was in a "flat key" (and lots of them are) there
> would be no "translation" problem!

Hmm, I understand. Is something we can do modifying a little the code
Filled another ticket https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4496

> I'll play with it some more in the next few days and let you know if there
> are any other things you might consider. So far, I just tried it on an XO-4
> with a touch screen. I need to update an XO-1 so I can see how it works
> there.

Thanks by the comments. Feedback is welcome.

Gonzalo