[Olpc-socal] Physics With the XO (in Spanish) by Trinidad Guzman of Uruguay

Derek Casari derek.casari at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:09:06 EDT 2013

Hi Caryl
    thanks for this update.  Re: You & your students learning from these
experiments, were you referring to his book in Spanish?

     I forwarded the info on OLPC to Chernobyl Childrens Project US Lead,
Kathleen Ryan and copied Mike Lee.
I'm not sure if my email has reached him or not.

Thanks
Derek
 Hi All,

Back in 2011 attended an international meeting of OLPC and Sugar Labs
volunteers in Montevideo. An Uruguayan science teacher, Guzman Trinidad,
demonstrated many wonderful sensors that he made to do experiments  with
XOs in his science classes. Well, he has just finished writing a book: *Physics
with the XO*

I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but it looks like it will be a
wonderful resource for science teachers both in high school and even in
middle school physical science. It is, of course, all in Spanish. You can
see the book at:
https://sites.google.com/site/solymar1fisica/fisica-con-xo-investigacion-/fisica-con-xo-el-libro
 <https://sites.google.com/site/solymar1fisica/fisica-con-xo-investigacion-/fisica-con-xo-el-libro%20>

I hope there will be an effort to translate it into other languages. As a
retired science teacher, I can tell you my students and I would have really
enjoyed learning with these experiments. Check it out!

Caryl